Developing Locally with MAMP
If you have not yet installed and configured the Course Hub on your Webserver please do that before continuing.
1. Download and install MAMP
2. Download Course Hub skeleton package
From the getgrav.org site at https://getgrav.org/downloads/skeletons or via this direct link: http://hibbittsdesign.org/blog/downloads/grav-skeleton-open-matter-course-hub-site.zip
3. Extract the downloaded ZIP archive and copy folder to the "htdocs" folder within your MAMP application folder
4. Launch MAMP, start the MAMP server and view the Course Hub in your "htdocs" folder
5. Download and Install a Symbolic Link Maker
5.1 For Mac, download and install SymbolicLinker
From the MacUpdate site at https://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/10433/symboliclinker
5.2 For PC, download and install Link Shell Extension
From the software author's site at http://schinagl.priv.at/nt/hardlinkshellext/linkshellextension.html. More information is available at https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/16226/complete-guide-to-symbolic-links-symlinks-on-windows-or-linux/
6. Download and Install GitHub Desktop
7. Go to your own Course Hub GitHub repository
8. Tap "Clone or download" and then choose "Open in Desktop"
9. Choose where to save the cloned repository and tap "Clone"
10. Open the folder holding the cloned Course Hub repository on your computer
11. Create a symbolic link for the "pages" folder, move it to your desktop, and then name this link "pages"
12. Create a symbolic link for the "themes" folder, move it to your desktop, and name this link "theme"
13. Replace the "pages" folder within your local install of Course Hub with the newly created "pages" symbolic link on your desktop
14. Replace the "themes" folder within your local install of Course Hub with the newly created "themes" symbolic link on your desktop
Congratulations! You now have a local copy of your own Course Hub running.